Re: Mini-engines FWD Bugeyes

To: yup1275@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Mini-engines FWD Bugeyes
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:26:30 FILETIME=[EE330FB0:01C05340]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I just recently (like a day or two ago) finished reading More Healeys by
Geoff Healey.  I finally got the book less than a week ago (for $15) after
searching for it for two years.  The first copy I found was selling for $80
(needless to say, in an effort to be welcomed into the we tight club, I
passed on it).  Geoff mentions the Frogeye Car Company on the Isle of Wight,
building the cars (called the Healey Frogeye) with 1275's and a fiberglass
body.  It was just getting started up in 1989-1990.  They were going to
build 50 cars a year.  Anybody know if they are still around?  I did a web
search using MSN for the company which returned this URL:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/news/news398.html

This site refers to the Frogeye Car Company building the Super Sprite and
using the Rover K series 1.4 liter engine in a fiberglass body.  Is this a
different company or the progression from the initial stages.  The site says
the company is in "creditors voluntary liquidation." I would assume this
means going out of business.  Can you still get these cars?  What are they
like?  Daniel1312 or another of our UK friends could probably answer this
one.  Enquir..., Inquir..., Dammit, curious people want to know!
Ryan