On the road at last!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: On the road at last!
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:12:05 -0500
Finally! After 3 months and more cash and time than I want to think about,
my Midget is on the road! Passed the VA state safety inspection today.
Woohoo! Still not perfect, but at least I'm out of that mode where I'm
having to really rush to get it fixed up and legal. My main reason for
trying to get it done so urgently is that I live in a townhouse and the
homeowner's assn. frowns on having "derelict" cars in the parking lot, so it
was imperative to get it "legal" as soon as possible.

Still having the clutch problems I mentioned. Kind of inconsistent,
actually. Sometimes if I hold the clutch for a few seconds before putting it
in 1st it's fine. Most of the time it isn't. Tried pumping the pedal and no
difference. Curious. I'll try some of the other list suggestions as soon as
I can. Just have a fear of the throwout bearing giving out.

My big winter project is going to be the interior. Have one fairly small
hole to patch in the floor - going to try the Eastwood panel adhesive for
that. It's in a location where strength and appearance aren't very
important, so it should be fine for a quick short to mid term repair.

Of course, I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I won't get to enjoy
the fruits of my labor for a while. Shoot. But I'm hoping to drive it in the
Leesburg Christmas parade Dec 1 with the DC Club. Just hope the 1st gear
wail doesn't scare anyone off! I've been told they're normally noisy in 1st
and reverse, but mine seems a bit excessive.

Eddie
1971 Midget (It's alive! It's alive!)