Re: torque III

To: Mike and Kerry Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: torque III
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:03:47 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> The difference? Well we adjusted cam timing, ignition timing, choke size (this
> was webers) and jetting. We could have adjusted the advance curve for even
> better optimisation, but
> it was a case of diminishing returns.

Mike (and others),

I plan on doing exactly that with my X1/9 soon.
Can you guys give me an estimate of how many hours of dyno time it will take
to dial in the main jets, air correctors, ignition timing and cam timing
(easier to adjust than on a Spridget).

I am looking for some real world experience since I'm sure it takes much
longer than expected.

I currently have 80 hp at the wheels (1300cc, 278 deg cam) and would like a
little more plus some more low end torque :-)
--
http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9