Re: Rear Hub Lock Nut Torque?

To: britclas@WorldShare.net, Corry@iol.ie, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Hub Lock Nut Torque?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:49:39 EST
I know it is but the ring and pinion are notoriously hard on fasteners.  Why
would the axle nut need to be really high - the fronts aren't and the hub fit
on the axle casing is tight anyway.  The wheel nuts aren't 140lbs or 180lb

I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I just think 180 is on the high side -
especially given the low looking spec of the nut (it is thin).

Daniel1312

In a message dated 23/11/00 11:40:40 Pacific Standard Time,