Lathe?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lathe?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:47:12 EST
Gentlemen,

There were three great responses to this point and I appreciate it.  I have
looked at the lathe and it is as represented with a 3 and 4 jaw chuck, a
bunch of milling and lathe cutters, two dial indicators, full center points
including a berring one, single and mult. tool holder, milling holder set,
keyless dril chuck, and various gidgets too numerious to mention.  The unit
seems flat bed, but has some type "vee way".  The milling unit bolts in the
center of the 25 inch bed.  The British gears are an option not there (but
Avail? - Emco catalog? - $$$$?).  All is nearly new looking, but I am holding
at his $1800 offer (was listed at $1950).  He paid $1500 used + more that
$500 accesories bought since and hasn't used it enough to feel he should come
down very far.

I may be sorry, but I don't need one this min. and could use this as an
education... maybe I'll miss it, but I sure think I have alot I could do with
this size lathe.  There are alot of units that come up in this area, however.

Thoughts?

Thnx, John