Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Advice from Canadian Listers (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:34:40 -0000
i sent a pair of n.o.s front fenders for a saab 99 about 3 months ago via
u.p.s..  the package was determined tobe slightly oversize by my local
shipper.  i was charged a fee for an over size package and warned that ups
uses an outside hired independant company to randomly check what apear to be
over size boxes for actual size.  if my package were to be inspected i was
told it was going to be returned as undeliverable. (it went through!) i was
using a subaru fender box i got from a local body shop for a shipping
container.  now i did not ship over any borders!  i was shipping fron
pennsylvania to michigan.  what you will encounter with customs i am not
familiar with in this case.   fenders have a problem when measured length
wise and height wise.  ups combines this to get their max box size,  it is
not an issue of weight but dimensional size.  that is not ashort fender in
length.  but try to find a body shop and request a fender box or 2 so you
can cut them down for a shipping container.  bring a bag of goodies from a
bake shop and leave your phone number to call when they have boxes for you.
traditionally body shops cut up all cardboard to reduce it's size as not to
fill up their dumpster with empty boxes.  so remind them you need a intact
box!

chuck
sorry but that is as much as i can be of assistance on this one ......c.  :)