Re: battery tray, structural?

To: Toby Atwater <Toby@intri-plex.com>
Subject: Re: battery tray, structural?
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1904 03:11:09 -0500
Mine is totally rusted away and a PO bodge was to bondo in an oil
case carboard box. He then painted over it such that from the top, it
looked correct! I found this out when I had the engine and tranny
out. So, I don't think the tray is structural. Hope not, anyway...

>The rear half of my battery tray is basically gone. I am not running a
>heater so I have no need for the built it heater vent. But does the heater
>vent act as a suporting structure at the start of the tranny tunnel? The
>vent seems pretty heavy duty and I am not sure if it just to support the
>battery, or if it has other purpose. I am building a new shorter battery
>tray, minus the heater duct and just wondering how strong I need to build
>it. My only source of heat will be the little flaps in the foot wells to
>blow in hot engine air!
>
>Thanks
>
>Toby

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>