The more I fix it

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The more I fix it
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:50:13 -0500
The more I fix it, the worser it gets. Or maybe just paranoia strikes
again. While timing in the cam, I noticed a slight tight spot when the
crank was at the end of the dwell at BDC. Since I had the crank turned,
so I thought I had best check it out. I removed the timing gears, and
loosened the connecting rods bearings, and still had it. I then loosened
the mains, and the tight spot is still there. So, now I'm wondering if
maybe I broke a ring when I installed the pistons, but I'm not sure why
this would cause a tight spot in the same place every time. Should I
remove the pistons next to check the rings, or try something else first?