Re: E clips and wheel cylinders

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: E clips and wheel cylinders
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:21:25 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Gang
>
> Has anyone been successful in installing rear wheel cylinders on the 64
> and newer Spridgets using the now supplied E clips? (they should be
> called MF clips)
> I know I have done it once or twice before but man is this a PITA!
> Tonight I opted to use the original JC clip like the factory did. At
> least I can do that without many four letter words.

The wheel cylinders for my 77 Midget came with those E clips.  After
much swearing, and creative use of assorted tools I finally broke
the clip when trying to force it onto the cylinder.  I wonder
why they switched?

I went back to the cir-clips and just made sure I had enough washers
(really only that slightly bowed one) on the cylinder to ensure that it
did not move.  I think to get the E clip on you would have to have
extremely good karma.

Gilroy

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
wmgilroy.vcf]