Trunk Lids

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunk Lids
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 01:39:33 FILETIME=[E3567590:01C05CC9]
List
Another item I thought he was off his rocker on.  I asked and he said, A
couple hundred bucks and then some.  I was flabergasted.  Then I came home
and added up the parts.  With the hinges and locking handle, it came to
$356.15.  I couldnt believe the lid itself was $242.60.  I know one had the
hinges, cant remember if the other did or not.  All of these parts are
beginning to run together in my head.  One was in great shape (unbelieveably
great).  Knock off a little surface rust on the underside and spray some
paint on it, and it would be ready to go (if you car is blue, otherwise
youd probably want to repaint the whole thing).  The other one is in good
shape too, but not as good.  It is an ugly yellow and brown combination and
a little more rust on the other side.  I think I remember holes in it
(luggage rack?) and a little more rust underneath.  I dont know if he had
the keys for these or not.  That reminds me of my first motorcycle.  The guy
I bought it from knocked $50 off the price because he couldnt find the
keys.  I took the lock cylinder out of the handle bars and took it in to a
locksmith and for $5 I got two keys.  This was probably the item he was
third most proud of.
Ryan