Re: Midget keys

Subject: Re: Midget keys
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 10:06:25 -0500
Cc: Tomsaudi@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
For missing keys, there are 2 ways to go about fixing the problem.

The correct way is to remove the lock from the panel, look on the back
side for a number, on later (mid sixties and on) this should be an FS
number, earlier models used FP, anyway, a 78 Midget should have a trunk
lock number something like FS 946
Using this number, go to any locksmith and ask for a Union (brand) key
to fit an FS 946 lock. The L/S should be able to cut it on the spot for
you.

And the *We Tight* way to go is to remove the lock from the car, take
any old Union key stick it in the lock and file the tumblers to the
teeth of the key you have.
I do this so all my LBCs use the ignition key for the doors and boot.
One key, all locks, what a concept! This will not work on the later
locking steering column ignition keys but it does work with cars up to
1970.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ