GOT ME ANOTHER ONE

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: GOT ME ANOTHER ONE
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:40:15 -0800 m>
I got me another midget. This is one is a 74. I got off e-bay for $315. The
hardest part was to haul it in back my dad's pickup AGAIN!. This time was a
little harder. We had a good set of blocks and ramps, but no "come along" or
any kind of pulleys. Plus it was up on a flat bed and we couldn't turn it
around. It had to go rear end towards the cab, and the front tires were on
the tailgate. Plus it had 2 flat tires and it was really hard to push. But
we did it. It is very solid, just dirty and grimy with no engine or tranny.
This is as rust free a spridget as I have seen. Only downside is the bent
boot lid, but I have extras so it's OK. But the cool round wheel arches are
a nice plus. And this one has a anti-roll bar, I spotted the bar after about
oh, 0.2 seconds of looking for it. Combined with my 69, this Midget project
is gonna be one fly car.

The guy also has another Midget for sale for $400. I almost took it, but I
have way to many already! The other one looks to be a late 60s chrome bumper
midget with everything on it and complete. Supposedly it runs. I didn't take
to much time looking at it, cause I wanted those round wheel arches, but if
anybody else is interested let me know.

My dad thought I should have got that one, but I like the round wheel arches
better. It is true it looks better from the outside, and even has a top and
decent interior. Whereas mine is pretty stripped and thrashed. But no major
rust I can spot on both.

Somebody posted that link to ebay, thanks!

Toby

Spridgets and Ford F-150s fit well together!

69 Sprite
69 Midget
74 Midget
71 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser