Re: Shifting problem

To: "SueCallaham" <wadleigh@syix.com>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Midgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shifting problem
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 04:29:11 -0800
Sue,
I would not be surprised if your GBX had 90wt. gear oil in it. Check
it and make the swap to a multigrade engine oil and see if that does
not cure your problem. If you do not know the differrence in the 2
oils just drain a little from the bottom plug into a container (just a
tablespoon or so) and take it to a local lube shop and ask what wt. it
may be. 90wt. will be quite thick and have a strong odor to it. (90wt.
in these cars is very common and in my opinion leads to thier early
demise as they are not designed to lube well with this heavy of oil. I
use 20/50 in all of mine and you may use an even lighter oil depending
on your locale and driving conditions. Consult your owners manual for
the correct application.

Brad