Steering Wheel Removal

To: midgetspriteclub@listbot.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Wheel Removal
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:17:47 EST
Came across this tip (from a Tr**mph website) and it worked great.  Thought
someone else in Spridget-dom might have the same problem.

I have been trying to remove the steering wheel from my 63 Sprite parts car
for a while now. After 37 years it just didn't want to come off.
THE TIP - tighten down the nut holding the steering wheel to the column
first, then loosen. Tighting down moves the steering wheel enough to break
the "seal" created by corrision.  I tried this tonight - steering wheel came
off in less than a minute.  Definitely beats hooking up a puller!

Jim Rogers
59 Bugeye