Re: Diff fluid, et al. (little LBC)

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Diff fluid, et al. (little LBC)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:51:23 -0000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From <DLancer7676 at cs.com>
To: <JustBrits@aol.com>; <nosimport@mailbag.com>; <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>;
<sfooshee@home.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 16 December 2000 02:25
Subject: Re: Diff fluid, et al.

> In a message dated 12/15/2000 8:49:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> JustBrits@aol.com writes:
>
> << You guys are all freaking NUTS.  The damned gasket has a LIST price of
$
> 0.95
>  !!
>  NOT an List price of "unobtainum"!!! >>
>

> LOL--See Sue???   The only problem with a 95 cent gasket is the $4.95
> Shipping and Handling fee that is added to it, when in reality, it could
be
> slid into an envelope and mailed for 35 cents, if the companies were not
so
> greedy.  Just how much "Handling" does that little round piece of paper go
> through anyway?  Seems like $4.95 worth of handling would render it trash.
> <G>
>
> --David C.

Vehicle Wiring Products in the UK send every delivery in spectacularly nice
boxes.  Beautifully packed in foam and sealed with waterproof tape.  #2.95
seems a lot of money  for the P&P but the parcel always arrives the next day
in perfect condition.  Guess we either want it perfect OR cheap.
I used to work for an Aston Martin dealership in Dorset.  We used to take
lightbulbs out of the Lucas box and transfer them into custom made boxes
before wrapping the parts in PRECISION-FOLDED waxed paper.  Looked better
than a Chrismas present from Harrods!  Cost more, though <G>