RE: No LBC. computer help needed

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No LBC. computer help needed
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:01:31 -0800
2000 is really nice, but I suppose you need some WinNT experiance inorder to
take advantage of it. For ease of use, 98 probably wins out.

To dump 2000, you need to get yourself a win98 boot disk. You can create one
from any win 98 machine by going to the control panel, add\remove programs,
startup disk, create disk. Pop in a 3.5" disk, let it do its thing (it might
ask you for the win98 CD). Then go over to the win2000 machine and place it
in the drive, re-boot while makeing sure it boots off of the floppy. After a
few minutes of the disk drive churning away, you will get to a dos prompt.
You can then format away, and re-install what ever you want, 95, 98 or NT.

Another option is to boot off the win98 CD, but not all CD-ROMS will allow
you to boot off of it. To check if you can boot off the CD, you need to go
into your BIOS when your machine starts up. Dell and other vendors now have
a pop up banner when you first turn on your computer, you need to ESC out of
that, and then usually hit F2 to get in the bios. Now watch out, lots of
settings in here, you need to navigate through the menus to find something
called "boot order" It should be something like "C,A" you might want to
change it to "CD-ROM,A,C"

Good luck, if you need help, let me know, this is what I do all day. I am
going home now. e-mail at home is, tobyatwater@home.com.

Good luck

Toby