first start - maybe

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: first start - maybe
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:30:32 -0500
I may have it partly straightened out. I have pulled the distributer
drive gear at least 4 times and reinstalled it with the same results 4
times. Rather than have an 8-2 position for the slot, my choices are 7
1/2 and 1 1/2 or 8 1/2 and 2  1/2. I finally tried the second one (it
almost looks like 9 and 3) I don't know why it didn't work when I first
tried to move it a tooth last night) The car kinda runs with the vacuum
advance in the 1 o'clock position, rather than before ( the slot at the
7  1/2 and 1  1/2 position)  the vacuum advance had to be  in the 11
o'clock position. I am currently having to run it more like 10-15 BTC
rather than 5, or it starts to backfire through the carbs. I am hoping
that some carb adjustment will solve this. Seems to have good power at
these settings, but won't quite idle yet. Thanks for all the help.

Bill Mantz
Roanoke, Va.
1971 Midget
1959 Bugeye