Re: Fw: BMC Gold &Silver Seals

To: frogeye@gateway.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: BMC Gold &Silver Seals
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:54:11 EST
Frogeye -

I recently acquired a Gold Seal gearbox, still in original wooden shipping
crate. Has original stickers, etc on crate, but nothing on gearbox itself
other than new #s stamped on case.  Gearbox is in "new" condition, it has
never been in car.  All new gears, shafts, bushings, etc, in a re-conditioned
case. I believe that this is the standard for Gold Seal gearboxs.

Does anyone know if Gold/Silver Seals are still produced? or when last was
done? Sticker on crate has 1983 date,

Jim Rogers
59 Bugeye
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Frogeye wrote:

>  BMC had a parts replacement program, either Gold (new factory part(s) )
or