Re: wire wheels

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheels
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 14:04:01 -0600
First, let me say hello list, I'm back. From what I've seen in the last
couple of days, it looks like the same old Spridgets.

Second: I haven't tried this, but I have been told that the problem isn't
wheel well clearance, but the length of the threaded part of the hub. I was
told that do to increased wheel thickness you end up with very little for
the knock-off to thread on to.   I think the conversation was specifically
about the centerlock alloy wheels that Moss sells, so it may not apply to
wires. In any event, trashed MGB wire wheels aren't hard to find, so it
should be easy to test fit one before you dropped your cash on new ones.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget (hibernating in frigid Minneapolis)