A good day

To: Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A good day
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:18:27 -0800
The holidays are over, whew...  Did some tinkering on the Midget today.
Replaced the bad subwoofer, adjusted ignition timing & idle speed and
mixture.  A friend has loaned me his timing light.  I've always just found a
hill on a hot day, and advanced it till it pinged, then backed it off a
hair.  Well, with all the talk about timing lately, I checked it out, and it
was too far advanced.  I was at about 13 BTDC at idle.  Decided to put it at
8 BTDC, then sped up the idle to 3000 as was discussed.  The centrifugal
advance worked just as it should and although the light I'm using isn't
adjustable, it looked as though it was probably in the mid 30 degrees, just
as has been discussed.  And it starts easier now, and no longer runs on.
Imagine that...  Took my dog and spent the rest of the day on my own little
spring tour.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon