Re: Valve rockers

To: Robert Sexson <rsexson@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Valve rockers
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 18:54:47 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert Sexson wrote:

> There is a small spacer that goes under [or over] the valve stantions in a
> 1275 engine. Whitch is it, and what is its purpose? TIA

Do you mean the set screw retaining washer?
It goes on the top of the rocker stantion.
If you had the rocker arm apart, be sure you have the stantion with the
oil hole over the correct drilling in the head.
Hole over hole.
Some A series had only one drilled rocker stantion, others had all of
the stantions drilled.
MGAs are the same way, I know a guy who was 1/2 way to Indy when he
wiped out his new rocker shaft because he never checked these drillings
when he assembled the rocker.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ