Re: panel kit [midgetspriteclub]

To: Jason Gross <jgross@mpbc.org>
Subject: Re: panel kit [midgetspriteclub]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:58:20 -0800
Cc: spridgetspriteclub@listbot.com, spridgets@autox.team.net x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
The door-top trims are aluminum castings and are help in by  2 nuts
(usually), Feel up there with your fingers and you will find them. Undoing
the nuts is a challenge, but imagine how much fun it will be to start the
nuts and tighten them after you have trim-cemented the new covering on!

The studs for the nuts are on wee square bits of metal and those squares can
slide in a continuous channel in theback of the alloy pieces.  A clever
person could enlarge the holes in the door frame next to where you feel
access would be easiest to tighten, and then pre-start the nuts and position
the trim and slide the nuts & studs into place and then snug them up tight.
Who's to know?  You could even use three fasteners to hold the part more
securely.

Just like when you reassemble the door handles and lock assemblies, just like
when you reinstall the glass in the doors, you will want your workplace to be
warm and well-lit, preferably with soft music and someone to comfort you -
but who won't be offended by the words coming out of your mouth.  They just
wipe it for you and hand you more wrenches.

You will want a full set of small wrenches, some of which you may decide to
cut in half or bend. Some you will use tissue or grease to hold the fasteners
while your fingers learn new tricks. Xray vision and anti-gravity would be
nice. Gotta have a magnet on a stick to fetch fallen fasteners from the
bottom of the door cavity. This is a good time to have a proctologist for a
friend.  They have really groovy devices!!!

If you think british engineers (I say that tongue-in-cheek) are wacky and
expect the workman to have extra elbows and wrists, just imagine the much
greater length of time upholsterers have had to develop their craft!  They
are the folks who have devised the trimming systems, including latches and
catches, for our LBCs.

P l e a s e   k n o w   I ' l l   b e   r i g h t   h e r e   f o r   y o u .

David McCartney - in the hills of Northern California (where it's storming
today, but no snow yet)
71 Spridget
72 Mini PU
69 AA