Re: cherry picker

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: cherry picker
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:47:34 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Kent J. Miller" wrote:

> Frank, you gotta be kiddin... As much as you work on these cars and you
> don't have a cherry picker?
> A "must have" for any garage with an LBC in it!

I do have a cherry picker, just last night a friend of my son went to
install his VW engine only to find the seal blown out on the ram.
A new ram is coming but it's not here yet.
I started by just getting it ready to remove but when four or five 21
year olds showed up (all dressed up to go out) I asked for help removing
the bonnet, one of them suggested why don't we just lift out the lump.
Who am I to refuse 5 young backs? Then they all had to see if it was
just a loose set screw. Once I popped the side cover off and saw the
screw loose, they almost offered to help drop it back in. I stopped them
because they were all clean, showered, dressed up, and going out
"pimpin"
They promised to stop by tomorrow.
Heck, I help them lower a VW over the engine last night when they found
out the cherry picker died. And the VW doesn't belong to anyone in my
household yet it's been in MY garage for 2 weeks now.
They owe me! They killed the cherry picker, but they also are getting
the new ram. We tried a quick patch up/seal fix last night, but no good.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ