Run-In Oil??

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Run-In Oil??
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:11:18 -0500
Well Hello, Boys and Girls!!

And How is Everybody Today??

I am getting ready to reassemble the 1500 I have that is going to replace
the engine I have in the car now. I have a bit of a question that is sure to
stir up a few comments.

I have been running Mobil 1 15-50 in my engine for a few years. I like it a
lot. Now on the new engine I want to continue to run Mobil 1. However I am
unsure of using it for running in the engine. I don't really see an issue
with it, but I have not heard anything about it. I have heard that using
organic oil is preferred, but I just don't know why.

Any thoughts on why I should or should not use Mobil 1 synthetic oil to run
in a new engine??

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget