Re: Piston Balancing

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, toyman@digitex.net
Subject: Re: Piston Balancing
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 02:38:54 -0000 FILETIME=[A2569C90:01C0802E]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,
        When refering to balancing connecting rods you are really matching the
rods
to each other.  The rods are matched by weight to each other, first finding
the lightest then removing material from the others.  Then you weigh the big
ends and small ends and match them up while keeping the total weight of each
rod the same.  Rather tricky and time consuming if done by the average DIYer
and expensive for the equipment.   Best to take all rotating parts to the
machine shop and let them do it.  Usually about $150 but your mileage may
very.
Bob