Re: Carb Cleaning

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <begowest@telus.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaning
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 04:13:29 -0600
Carbs have Lots of Machined surfaces and with any of these acids your going
to Etch the surface and it will change the Look of the carb.... if you want
it original go with Carb cleaner in the gal can and time.... it will do the
job.... if you want it to look like white aluminum.... Clean it with wheel
cleaner....

If any of you saw the Engine in my Camaro in Septembers Hot Rod Magazine...
that was cleaned with a diluted wheel cleaner and flushed with water from
hand spray bottles.... then shot with compressed air.... I just sprayed on
the cleaner.... waited till it Just started to foam.... flushed it with
water.... then blew it off with the air.... Then repeated the process over
and over again.....it took me the better part of an evening with the motor
on a stand....the deal is that I controlled the amount of etching the
cleaner was doing by going Very slow.... the other trick I used there was
green scotch bright pads to work the cleaner in ....

Keith Turk