Re: Trans. mounts

To: Robert Sexson <rsexson@excite.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trans. mounts
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:00:28 -0500
At 12:46 PM 1/26/01 -0800, Robert Sexson wrote:
>I have a question about the tranny mounts on my 74 Midget. Moss showes three
>mounts, two side and one center. Mine has only the two side mounts with a
>metal strap going over the top of the trany tail shaft. Is this a normal set
>up or what? Anyone know about this? Where could I get the rubber insulator
>that goes under the metal strap? TIA

Hi Robert,

   What I did on mine, just the other day, was to get a radiator hose that
was the close to the right diameter and cut a piece to go on each end.
Then I cut two flat pieces and stuffed into the extra space.  Had to oil it
up and force it on with a soft face hammer.

does this make sense?  If it doesn't, email me direct and I will try to
scan in a drawing of what I am talking about.

Travis Elliott
79 MIdget 1500 original owner since new
engine finally in car TODAY!!!!