exhaust solutions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust solutions
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:12:51 -0500
Well for the second time this month, I've smacked a pothole and
injured the spridget's header. This time, I think it's beyond repair.
I'm interested in replacing it with a performance solution (maybe a
medium bore LCB), but I'm also not keen on it finding the same fate
as the old 3-into-1. So what are the list's solutions to this? Does
anyone have flex joints on an LCB. To work for me, the flex would
have to be at the 90 degree turn of the down pipes to tailpipe
connection. The previous damage is clearly at the front face of that
bend on my old system. Basically, this is the point of contact for
speed bumps, pothole lips, etc. The shock from hitting said objects
travels right up the header as this is solid pipe.

Note, I've looked into running the tailpipe through the transmission
tunnel, and that header/pipe combo costs $800!! (Jon Stamps Racing
sourced). Does anyone have experience with using relatively long runs
or flexible exhaust tubing? That may be the way to run through the
tunnel.

All suggestions appreciated.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>