was Re: NO LBC -/Spice now?

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: was Re: NO LBC -/Spice now?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:06:10 -0600
One of my worst experiences was with that pinch bolt. It didn't break. It
wore down slightly, enough to allow the column to pull out in my hands at
55 mph after rounding some turns. Scared the ...... well, you know.
         Anyway, my repair was a hardened pin drilled through the clamp and
stub and the original bolt replaced. Someone probably has that car and is
calling me a DPO by now. Better D than D, I say.
         This was a 65 Midget with 40k in 73.
         Cheers  (that's a Healey thing to say)
         Peter C