Re: manifold pressure

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: manifold pressure
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:32:11 -0500
No two engines will be identical but somewhere
15-21 is very light throttle and very mpg friendly
between 10-15 Hg/in is good econo driving
closer to 10 is a little more fuelish indicating
maybe a better timing could be adjusted in.
under ten is pushing it a bit. Normal accell
is 0-10.
(I drive by a vac gauge all the time and use it as my
main check on normal engine performance.
check out
http://www.centuryperformance.com/vacuum.htm
for a good description of using a vacuum gauge
to diagnose engine condition.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com