Sound Familiar Frank? NO LBC!!!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sound Familiar Frank? NO LBC!!!
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:23:42 EST
Frank--Thought of you when  I received this--sad that there is so much truth
here and that we all seem to play a major role.  We could add that just
before putting on his sandals (made in Brazil), pouring himself a glass of
wine (made in France), and turning on his TV (made in Indonesia), he decided
to jack up his Sprite (oops!--made in Britian--have to forgive that one!) and
replace his rear springs (made in Taiwan), with his new socket set (made in
Hong Kong).

> Joe Smith started the day early, having set his alarm clock (made in
> Japan) for 6:00 a.m. While his coffee pot (made in China) was perking,
> he shaved with his electric razor (made in Hong Kong). He put on a
> dress shirt (made in Sri Lanka), designer jeans (made in Honduras),
> and tennis shoes (made in Korea). After cooking his breakfast in his
> new electric skillet (made in India), he sat down with his calculator
> (made in Mexico) to see how much he could spend today. After setting
> his watch (made in Taiwan) to the radio (made in Singapore), he got in
> his car (made in Germany) and continued his search for a good-paying
> American job. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless
> day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (made in
> Brazil), poured himself a glass of wine (made in France), and turned
> on his TV (made in Indonesia), then wondered "why he can't find a
> good-paying American job."

--David C.