Re: Engine Paint

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:28:51 -0500
Cc: Keith Ickes <kickes@IR.ColoState.EDU>, spridgets@autox.team.net
I bought some of this stuff and it isn't the same "POR-15" material that's in
their
base product.  They sell it strictly as an engine enamel, probably with slightly
higher heat resistance.  My experience with painting engine blocks and
accessories is
that any good quality enamel, including Rustoleum, holds up quite well.  The
real
quality of the job comes in the prep: thoroughly clean, etch, prime and paint.
Or
less prep if temporary cosmetic improvement is the goal.

Jim