Re: Silicone fluid, WARNING: Newbie Question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Silicone fluid, WARNING: Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:50:26 -0500
I've got to do a complete brake job this summer anyway, so I had to ask the Two
Dollar Dumb Question (TM), why not DOT3? The BL manual I have *specifically*
mentions that it's OK to use DOT3 on the '75-'79 Midget. Is the manual wrong? I
haven't checked Haynes yet - mine hasn't arrived as it's on backorder.

Not that using DOT4 is a problem, but at this point I have no ideas what's
actually in the Midget's hydraulic systems...

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
'79 Midget 1500
'00 Saturn SW2  (Midget parts hauler)

From Ajhsys at aol.com