Ignorant car episodes....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignorant car episodes....
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:37:59 -0800
 Well guys and gals, I am not into the VWs either.  I spent the better part
 of my High School years rebuilding and riding in a buddy's VW Bug.  I was
 the one that got soaked every time it rained because he only replaced one
of
 the missing (rusted out) floor pans.  I am sure you can all appreciate the
 driver's need to stay in the car, or not fall onto the ground below.  I was
 able to put my foot through holes in the floor on the passenger side.  This
 car did help me learn my way around a car and that I don't particularly
care
 for German cars all too much (although I am looking for a Porsche).  The
 point. . . after pushing (due to a fuel gauge problem - the car didn't have
 one!!), rebuilding the engine, and body work this German car still bit my
 buddy in the butt.  It waited 3 years but it finally threw a drum (not sure
 if this is the correct phase to use for the drum of the brake and wheel
 breaking loose and flying off the car).  This mishap ruined the rear
drivers
 fender, the drum brake, door, and the swing shaft. . . among other things
 including my buddy's buzz and good time.  I am a Bug owner (Bugeye) and it
 is a lot harder (according to my buddy) to work on, and get parts for.
But,
 as one mechanic once told me. . . it has something that VW Bugs don't. . .
 character!!  I have to say he is right.