Re: Media Blaster recommendation

To: IfixMGs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Media Blaster recommendation
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 23:54:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
IfixMGs@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/24/01 12:49:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> nateley@email.msn.com writes:
>
> << Plexiglas window...  >>
>
> I have the "Big-ole Murrican Car -fender" sized Skat-Blaster; I  use
> self-adhesive clear plastic   "Ripoffs" to protect the inside of the tempered
> glass (18"x30")   although he  glass is really tough and can withstand all
> but the toughest grit.  A few times in the past, I've had to replace the
> glass, and it cost  25 bucks from the local Skat wholesaler.

I gave up on the stick on plexi shields too. they last about an hour.
I resorted to a piece of tempered glass(for safety reasons) It is good
for about 2-3 years before it gets 1/2 as bad as the plexi sheets get
after a day or two. Just don't aim the blast nozzle at the glass.
A new tempered piece of glass is about $25 from any glass shop.
You will spend twice that in plexi sheets in a year.
I do a lot of blasting. I probably go thru 6 50lb bags of glass beads a
year. Windex does a great job of cleaning it up too, sometimes I
surprise myself after I take the windex to the inside of the blast
cabinet.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ