Re: Vizard--NO LBC

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vizard--NO LBC
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:03:56 EST
In a message dated 2/25/2001 12:02:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
macleans@earthlink.net writes:

<< David said Vizard just had a slight heart attack and
 is recovering nicely.  David also said that Vizard does not take care of
 himself for long periods of time, then all of a sudden looks in the
 mirror and decides "I'm too fat!  I have to do something."  Then goes
 overboard trying to lose weight and get in shape.  Not a good plan. >>

Not a good plan indeed!  Is a "slight heart attack" comparable to having just
a "little bit" of cancer?  After just recently having a "heart event" myself,
I can attest to the importance of vigilence in diet and exercise, ESPECIALLY
if your father or grandfather suffered from heart problems.  It IS hereditary
(but not totally), and if you are predisposed
in this manner, it is best to adjust your life-style accordingly, and have an
annual treadmill stress test.  My annual stress test showed an arrythym, my
Doc (Cardiologist) perked up and  wanted a Caridiac Cathertization, which
revealed that I was a walking time bomb.  Had one 99% blockage and 4 others
over 90%.  Had 5 bypasses 4 weeks ago and am recuperating nicely.  Of course
my FATHER has had 3 bypass surgeries and a pacemaker.  YOU CAN'T OUTRUN YOUR
FATHER  will be the name of my book about all this if I ever got around to
writing it.  LOL

Just want all ya'all around for the GREAT RALLY!  Hope Vizard is well and
handling it aggressively.

--David C.