Re: Huffaker competition (fast road in my case) Stub Axle

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Huffaker competition (fast road in my case) Stub Axle
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:33:48 +1100
Cc: <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>
I have been running the competition stub axles (MM is a resell of Huffaker
anyhow if I recall correctly) for a number of years. I can *highly*
recommend them.

As for the originals, standard practice around here for fast road or comp cars
is
to crack test them once a year. $25/side. The standard ones give you enough
warning
that this is often enough.

Another local alternative is the grafted cortina upright which allows you to
also run
cortina disk brakes and gives you 1" of extra track. I have used that for years
too
and there has not been a single reported failure of this conversion and it ios
very
popular here.

Mike

Mike