Air/Fuel Ratio

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Air/Fuel Ratio
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:18:05 -0800
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bugiii's is back on the road. Yeah.

One of the winter mods was the installation of an air/fuel ratio monitor
that has been laying on the shelf for about a year now.

I'm told that optimum AFR is 14.6 to 1. The monitor indicates that I'm
running at about 12.5 to 1 (a tad rich) under all conditions. This is pretty
much verified by plug cuts. Plugs are kinda Brown but on the darker side.

The current Weber DCOE 40 setup is as follows:

28 mm Chokes
45-F9 Idle Jets
145 Main Jets
F2 Emulsion Tubes
175 Air Correction Jets
45 Pump Jets
175 Float Needle

I know, very small chokes, but with all else being the same the car will not
even run on 30 mm chokes, much less larger. I know very VERY little about
Webers so don't know where to start with larger chokes.  Mike Pierce (Pierce
Manifolds) has offered to help with the setup but I have not gotten around
to taking it up to his place.

The car runs really well with this setup so I have not felt the need to fuss
with the Weber.

For now I plan on just trying some richer idle and mains.

Comments anyone ?

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com