79 Midget: It starts, but...

To: "Spridget mail list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 Midget: It starts, but...
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 19:25:31 -0500
...so far it's only running on starting fluid.

I've tried to check for fuel - disconnected the fuel hose from the carb and
cranked the engine: no fuel. Disconnected the inlet hose to the fuel pump: no
fuel. Disconnected lowest rubber hfuel hose (by the transmission): no fuel.
I've put 2 gallons in the tank today, so I know there's something in there. The
gas gauge reads 3/4 tank.

I pulled the pump several weeks ago and when I did, it gave a couple of good
spurts of fuel - whatever was left in it when the car was last run many years
ago.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to check for a blocked fuel line without
pulling the tank?

TIA,

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu