Power for fuel pump for 1971 Sprite

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Power for fuel pump for 1971 Sprite
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:08:50 +0100
Hi Spridget World,

I installed the fuel pump in my "box of bits" Sprite yesterday and as a
consequence have two questions.

1/ It's not clear to me how the fuel pump live wire should be routed to the
pump i.e. where is the hole in the floor through which this cable should pass?

The car is fitted with a Moss replacement loom and the white pump supply wire
is taped to the fuel gauge feed wire.

I would have expected a hole in the floor close to the pump and the wire would
emerge through this.

Perhaps this was the case originally but the hole has now been welded over.

Any ideas ?

2/ I'm concerned about the fuel lines being struck when I drive over a
"sleeping policeman".
There is a lip at the rear of the car over which the solid fuel pipe must pass
in order to reach the flexible pipe attached to the pump.

Why isn't there a recess in this lip through which the fuel line could pass ?
Without a recess the pipe looks quite vulnerable to me.

  Thanks in advance,

  Louis Mehr
  Manchester
  England, UK