Drilling bolt heads

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Drilling bolt heads
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:43:22 EST
Hi list,

Perhaps a stupid question but I want to be certain.

I have some AN6 spec UNF bolts that I have drilled for lockwiring (a
painstaking process).  Said bolts are now holding parts together at the right
torque but the holes are not really in the right place to lock wire the 2
respective heads together.  I don't want to overtorque the bolts to get a
better line up.

Is it a big deal to drill another hole through the bolt head using different
flats? (I know that all hexagons are pre-drilled if you can buy them like
that (which you can't over here - no demand etc......)).

Yes, next time I will bolt up the assembly and then mark the flats to be
drilled, strip it and rebuild.

Daniel1312