Re: tranny for sale

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tranny for sale
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:14:29 -0000
Cc: <d-corning@home.com>
...Or buy the engine/box combo from my Marina Van complete for #50uk.  Can
even be
heard running.  Tell you what.....I only want the suspension components, so
you can have the motor and 'box for free (postage not included).  Will fit
ANY Spridget.
D1312 is quite right in that the 1500 gearbox mates up to the back of a
suitably adapted 1275 and that the 1275 A+ backplate can fit over the rear
of the 948 engine block. You may need to knock back a tiny part of the
right-hand foot well by about 1/4 inch or grind a lug off the bellhousing to
keep it from fouling.  948 with a 4-synchro gearbox that bolts straight
in!!!  I have some old A+ backplates and can find Marina bellhousings if
wanted.  Postage (as usual) is a bitch.  Cheaper to buy a Morris Minor
gearbox instead and use that.  Maybe #30uk?

You can see a picture of my car parked in Gerards' Garage at
www.gerardsgarage.com  ?  The cream coloured one with the A+ engine/box in
it.  The picture was taken a long time ago.  Rewired since!!!

Hope this helps
Rob Thomas
(Too many projects, not enough garages)