Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)

To: Michael Graziano <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:30:23 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net, Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
An angle thing eh?  That would make me quickly suspicious of the carburetors
float and its setting.  As in the float setting keeping the bowl too low of
fuel, but barely able to work.  Tip the carburetor, and you finally go too lean
(hence the surging).  It takes a few seconds for this response as the gas drains
away in the carburetor (hence the delay).

Nice trucks, but get rid of the two barrel if that's what it's running.  You'll
get  better gas mileage and more power out of a four barrel.

Michael Graziano wrote:

> It's an '86 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually Pickup with a lifting dump bed and a V8
> (I think it's a 350 with a 2 barrel carb).  It runs fine on straight and
> level road.  Plenty of power.  Within 100 feet of driving on an incline
> (even 10 degrees),  the engine seems to die.  No power, although it
> continues to run.  I get a brief surge of power, then nothing, brief surge,
> then nothing.  It smoothes down once we get the speed down to 25 or 30 mph.

///