Re: 1957 Austin Healy (sic)--Johnny Lightning

To: busyrider@springmail.com
Subject: Re: 1957 Austin Healy (sic)--Johnny Lightning
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:57:41 FILETIME=[2EEEA2E0:01C0B074]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Fred/List,

My wife saw the cars, picked them up, and said, "Hey, look at these.  You
should get them."  Who was I to argue?  How often does the non-LBC SO tell
you to buy something related to LBCs?  They are pretty cheesy (like all toy
cars as far as I'm concerned) especially in the gold metallic color (like
they should have hydraulics and fuzzy dice).  I bought them because 1)in my
short life time I've only seen 4 or 5 Bugeyes in real life and only two toys
(Both Johnny Lightning--the other is a 1958, correct spelling, in BRG with
wire wheels) and 2) the misprints made them a curiosity.

Ryan

BTW, they don't hold up more than an hour with a four year old.  I bought
two of the 1958 cars so that my son could have one to play with (my first
Bugeye is BRG, so I thought he might like it).  The other one was for me
because I had never seen a Bugeye in toy or model form.  My son broke the
windshield off of his (must have thought it was like the Hundred with the
movable windscreen).

>People seem to hold a certain fascination with these JL cars. What is the
>quality of these JL cars?
>
>Fred Criswell

///