Re: Ferrari (was Re: Vette WAS:Super rare part!!! NO LBC

To: Chris King <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>, Spridget mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ferrari (was Re: Vette WAS:Super rare part!!! NO LBC
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:16:07 -0800 (PST)
In 1982 my Dad and I walked away from a daily driver
Ferrari Dino 246 GTS.  It needed very little work, and
didn't have the desirable factory "chairs and flares"
option.  The guy was asking $9K, we offered $7K, he
called back, said come-and-get-it.  When we got there
he said - "Oh - I called the wrong guy.  I decided to
take a little more than you offered from someone
else." So we asked how much more, we were there to
buy, he said "Make me an offer."  We said $7500, he
said "higher", we walked.  In 1990 the Dino was going
for $200K, today they are still getting $70K - $110K
for good ones.

--- Chris King <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
> A coworker of mine had bought a '73 Vette new for a
> little under $5k,

=====
Ron Soave
"Driver Carries No Cash"