Re: diff-erent diffs

To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: diff-erent diffs
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:17:13 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
rob thomas wrote:
> Has anyone actually broken a diff > internally.
> If so, why and where did it fail.  I'm interested in finding out where > the
>weakness lies.

I believe either model can be used with attention paid to the filler
plug. You will end up with 2 filler plugs or no filler plug.

I have never had nor have I heard of anyone breaking a diff.
1/2 shafts are another story ;)
I have worn out a few to where they sing at speed but cedar saw dust
fixes that. And even a sawdust filled diff lasts years.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

///