RE: pulling MY engine (71 Midget vs 38 Idiot)

To: "David McCartney" <yup1275@pacbell.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pulling MY engine (71 Midget vs 38 Idiot)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:40:00 -0800 m>
>I figured it would be easier to pull the tranny
>separately.

The 3 times I have done it, it seemed much easier with both units bolted
together, but you mileage may vary. I guess it is too late now anyhow.

>I swear I have every-
>thing  unhooked, but the engine will only come half an inch away
>from the tranny housing.

there are allot of bolts between engine and tranny if I recall correctly.
All along the back plate. It has been awhile since I have done it. so don't
shoot me.

Another tactic, take a long lever bar and start rocking at various points
and see what moves (disconnected) and what is still solid (still bolted up.)
Gently now.

Good luck.

Toby

///