Re: Storing spare parts

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Storing spare parts
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:28:34 -0500
Dave said:

> I just cleaned it up and put a light coat of white general purpose grease
> all over it and wrapped it up with shrink wrap type clear clingy stuff to
> seal it up.  Spose this is OK?

The oil idea is good, but plastic shrink wrap, bubble wrap, or most
cellophane-type products can be chemically active.  I have seen sterling
silverware and similar table items destroyed by an accelerated tarnishing
process caused by the plastic.  If the oil/grease has been applied
liberally, that might be enough, without covering with plastic.  Perhaps
they could be covered with paper bags or old cloth.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite