MINI now LBC contentRe: Lets Agree To Disagree - (A Corollary)

To: sam@hochberg.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MINI now LBC contentRe: Lets Agree To Disagree - (A Corollary)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:25:22 EST
I think the question of the nationality of a car cannot easily be answered
any more.

The MINI is a mixed bag of heritage in terms of designers, parts,
put-to-gether-s and ancestory.  I do think that it has enough resemblance to
the old Mini to not be a rip-off, I also think BMW will never establish it as
a big enough brand to make real money (but I have been wrong before).

In essence forgetting nationalities of those who designed it, produce it and
so on the key point is that:

        IT IS MEANT TO BE A BRITISH CAR RECOGNISED AS BEING BRITISH

I think the Japanese haven't learnt that making something 'better' may
actually produce crap.

I also think that Ford are making a mistake with small Jags.  I mean, who
wants a Jag if any fool can afford one?  Just like who wants a BMW if any
fool can afford one?  Take Aston Martin or Ferrari - how much do the cars
really cost to make?  I guess not far off the same as a Jag XK8 or Maserati
3200 but they sell them for more money simply because they can and it keeps a
niche in the market.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 31/03/01 13:18:05 Pacific Standard Time, sam@hochberg.com