Re: Earthing cables

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Earthing cables
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 08:17:31 +0100
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Frank Clarici <spritenut at exit109.com>

> Drill a hole and bolt the ground close to where the eyelet terminal
> meets the inner wing.

What about the water going up the inner wing?  In Wales you are never more
than a few miles from the ocean and never more than a few minutes from the
next rainstorm.  That is why I replaced the entire wiring loom.  Terminal
corrosion on the terminals!  The idea of welding a nut to the inboard of the
wing is better since there will be no hole for the rain to splash through.
The Metro has a special plastic/metal clip that (I guess) ensures a good
earth whilst keeping the bare metal rust-free.
There is 35 amps running through the earth when the lights get flashed.  The
rest of the wiring system is maximised but the earth bonding is going to be
the weak link.

///